Who We Are
Sarver Orthodontics has teamed up with the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation to provide orthodontic scholarships to children ages 11-18 who normally would not be able to afford treatment. Dr. Sarver donates this service to children in his local community and along with one set of retainers after treatment is complete.
It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
Dr. David Sarver donates all of the orthodontic services free of charge for the Birmingham area. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and is known throughout the world for providing innovative and life-changing orthodontic excellence. He teaches orthodontic residents at both North Carolina and UAB and is the co-author of “Contemporary Orthodontics”. He has also been featured on NBC’s “Today Show” and ABC’s “The View”.
- Family income of no more than (200%) of the federal poverty level.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 11 – 18.
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and had a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months.
- Must have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces.
- Must currently be enrolled in school.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must follow and abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- Must be a resident in Birmingham Alabama.
- Must follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the commitment to make appointments on time.
- Must agree to all morning appointments.
Application Process & Questions
To apply for a scholarship, please go to www.S4L.org and click on the Apply Today link to get started. Scholarships are handled through the National Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. For more information about a scholarship, please call the national office at 719-535-2777.